Sunday, April 22, 2007

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...

So, it's been quite a while since I posted on here, but here it is, an update!

This semester I'm taking an amazing Puppet Animation class, and for one of our projects I built this puppet. It's a Jabberwock, based on the Lewis Carroll poem, complete with jaws that bite and claws that catch!


The puppet is built from a wire armature around a bass wood core with brass tubing. The exterior is made of foam, with a layer of nylon stretched over it and a few coats of latex and acrylic paint. The head is sculpey.

Hopefully I'll upload the video of the animation I did with him sometime soon. Until then, you can check out these photos of the puppet!





And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

No comments: