Wednesday, August 30, 2006

=Science and Honor=

Okay, so as many of you might already know, the greatest Sci-Fi Rocket Roll band in the universe is
=The Phenomenauts= If you're unfamiliar with them, check out www.phenomenauts.com or www.myspace.com/thephenomenauts.

Over the past few months, I have been working closely with them, and with my father (who is a writer/producer for TV Animation) to develop a show based on the band. I've been working on various character designs to be used in pitches and to promote the idea so that hopefully a studio will decide to buy it.

So, here's the main line-up of the characters:

From left to right, they are:
Orbit (the world's most handsomest space dog!)
Major Jimmy Boom (drums)
Corporal Joebot 2.0 (guitar / vocals)
Commander Angel Nova (guitar / vocals)
Professor Greg Arius (keyboards, etc.)
Captain Chreehos (bass)

You can view a larger version of the main line-up here:

Also joining the cast is Space Girl, the leader of a rival =Vector Squad= unit.

A vicious tyrant and all-around bad guy, Neptune Ted is the main villain.

As far as I can tell, this is what Neptune Ted's bickering little footsoldiers will look like. The design was lovingly ripped off from an amazing book cover from a 1944 edition of Planet Stories, which was a classic pulp sci-fi magazine. To my knowledge the image has become public domain now so I don't think anybody will have a problem with me using it.

I've drawn all these designs traditionally by hand, and then I've cleaned up the drawings and colored them using Flash. Hopefully the show will be picked up!

No comments: