Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Post, Finally

Hey everyone.

I know I don't update this as often as I should, but thanks for bearing with me. I've added the "Follow Blog" feature, so please follow this blog and then you'll know when I actually get around to updating! I've got a few new things to share, so there should be some more posts during the next few weeks.

Anyway, here's some illustrations that I did for "What's Your Story?" with Mary Jane Begin (it's an illustration course focusing on narrative work). Our assignment was to make three images that tell the beginning, middle, and end of a pre-existing text. I chose to use the song "Big Iron" by Marty Robbins, which is a classic cowboy ballad about a gunslinger riding into a town to kill an outlaw. I'd also been wanting to draw reptiles, so... yeah, here it is.

"To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say"

"Texas Red had not cleared leather 'fore a bullet fairly ripped
And the Ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip"

"He might have went on living, but he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger with the big iron on his hip"

Stay tuned, folks. More to come soon. I promise.

No comments: