Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"The night sky was blacker than India ink..."


Well, I haven't updated in a while, mostly because I've been rather busy with finals and such, but I thought I'd do an update just for the hell of it. This is an older piece, from the Spring. It was my final project for the second semester of 2D Design here at RISD. It was a pretty open-ended assignment, as long as it included a metal folding chair, so I decided to do a single page comic, in a noir style. It's drawn/painted in India Ink on illustration board. Sorry for the poor image quality, but I haven't had time to to a scan or a nicely lit photo yet. Here it is:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, how manly...you saved your girl. :) Good work though.

Anonymous said...

Nice. I really enjoy the stark, noir-esque style of your use of solid blacks. It'd be fun to do a series in this style.